What's in a Name?

The town of Sidney, located eight miles south of Steamboat, was inhabited by settlers in the early 1880's, before Steamboat existed. Sidney boasted a post office, school, church, blacksmith shop, creamery, and boarding house. With the introduction of the railroad, Sidney became a major shipping hub for agricultural goods. Today, Sidney Peak Ranch is committed to preserving the land's natural character so it will remain for another 125 years to be enjoyed by future generations.