Questions about this policy? Fill out our contact form and choose “website usage” as the reason for contact. We’ll have an expert follow up. https://link.bigagnes.com/contact
- Why we collect data
We never sell your information. No personal information or registration is required to browse our website. The information we collect is used to process orders you place, provide you with product support, market products which we think may be of interest to you, and to communicate with you.
- What categories of information we collect
- Identifiers such as name, email address, and IP address
- Customers records information such as name, address, phone number.
- Commercial information such as order history and payment details. We do not store full credit card numbers.
- How we secure it
- Protecting the information you share is extremely important to us. We safeguard your data by encrypting all communications with our website using an SSL certificate. We store data in a PCI DS1 compliant software platform. We do not store (or ever have access to) your full credit card number. We never ask for sensitive information such as your social security number.
- Third Party Services
- We do not sell your information.
- We use Google Analytics to better understand our website traffic. You can find information about Google Analytics here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
- We use Rakuten Marketing to serve you relevant Big Agnes ads as you browse the Internet. You can see exactly what they collect here: https://rakutenmarketing.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-policy/#collection-of-information Our service provider participates in the Digital Advertising Alliance and you can opt-out of their services here: http://optout.aboutads.info .
- We use the Bronto Email and Marketing platform to send marketing emails to subscribers of our newsletter. We share name and email address for this purpose. You can always remove yourself by clicking the unsubscribe link in any of our marketing emails.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- The following disclosure applies solely to those who reside in the State of California. The purpose of this notice and disclosure is to inform California residents, at or before the time we collect your information, how we use your personal information and what rights you have with respect to the information we collect:
- Right to know what information about you we are collecting. You have a right to know what categories of personal information we collect from you, the purpose of its collection, and how we use those categories of personal information. You can find this in Section 3 of this policy.
- Right to know who we share your data with. You have the right to know how we share the personal information you entrust to us. You can find this in Section 5 of this policy.
- Right to opt-out from having your information sold. We do not sell your information.
- Right to request your information. You have the right to request that Big Agnes disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve months. Your request can be for any of the following about you:
- Specific pieces of personal information that Big Agnes has collected;
- Categories of personal information that Big Agnes has collected;
- Categories of sources from which the personal information collected;
- Categories of personal information that Big Agnes disclosed for a business purpose;
- Categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose; and
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information.
You can contact us at any time to request access to the data we have collected on you using the process outlined below under “Submitting a Verified Consumer Request.”. We will confirm the legitimacy of the request before releasing information.
- Right to request deletion of your information. You have the right to request that Big Agnes delete any of your personal information collected or maintained by Big Agnes, subject to certain exceptions. You can contact us at any time to request access to the data we have collected on you using the process outlined below under “Submitting a Verified Consumer Request.” We will confirm the legitimacy of the request before releasing information. Note that we may deny your request to delete if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provides to (1) complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service requested by you, or take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you; (2) detect security incidents, make necessary repairs, or protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; (3) engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent; (4) comply with a legal obligation; or (5) make other internal or lawful uses of the information that is compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Right to equal treatment. You have the right not be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. We will treat all users the same regardless of which rights you choose to exercise under CCPA and will not (1) deny you goods and services; (2) charge you a different price or rate for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; (3) provide you a different level of quality of goods and services; or (4) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Submitting a Verified Consumer Request. You may submit a verified consumer request to request access to the data we have collecting on you or request that Big Agnes delete any of your personal information. Note that you may only make a verifiable consumer request to know information twice within a 12-month period. Also note that we cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. You can contact us at any time to request that we provide the information collected about you or delete information from our system. Contact us using our contact form https://link.bigagnes.com/contact and chose “website usage” as the reason for contact. Once we receive your verifiable consumer request, we will send you an acknowledgement letter within 10 days which will describe our verification process. We will respond to your request within 45 days, if we are able to verify your identity.