SAGE CANYON PLUS SET UP INSTRUCTIONS
1. Remove contents from stuff sack. Spread shelter over desired campsite.
2. Stake out the four corners. Make sure the webbing harness is flat into each corner and taut. Use the two side release buckles to help remove any twists or tangles in the webbing harness.
3. Assemble the three poles: two long poles and one shorter ridge pole. Ensure each pole section is fully seated into the next by hand instead of allowing the shock cord to snap them together.
4. Starting with the bottom sleeve, feed each of the two long poles through the pole sleeves running diagonally along the top of the shelter.
5. Erect the shelter by inserting the pole tips into the grommets at the four corners, beginning with the topmost pole.
6. Attach the plastic clips on the shelter to the corresponding poles.
7. Insert each end of the shorter ridge pole into the pole pockets on the underside of the fly, at the front and back of the shelter. Then secure the center of the ridgepole with the plastic clip at the apex on the underside of the shelter.
8. Stake out and tension all guylines for best stability, completing set up.
Optional Accessory Wall (sold separately)
Add the Accessory Wall for weather protection and/or privacy. Provides full coverage on side openings, partial coverage on larger front and back openings
1. Attach the toggles on the Accessory Wall to the corresponding loops on the shelter, along the poles and sides. Stake out the lower center point of the wall for more stability as needed.
2. Each side of the Shelter accommodates the Accessory Wall, allowing for customization and multiple walls.
3. Attach the toggles on the top of the Accessory Wall to the corresponding loops on the outside of the shelter and create an awning for more shade.
Optional Accessory Mesh Insert (sold separately)
1. Remove the Mesh Insert from the stuff sack and locate the center toggle at its apex where the seams meet. Connect this to the fabric loop on the underside of the shelter apex (near the ridge pole clip).
2. Attach the toggles of the mesh insert to the fabric loops running along the top seam of the shelter.
3. Working out from the center, attach all remaining toggles on the mesh ceiling and down each corner to the corresponding loops on the shelter.
4. Position the fabric flaps on the bottom of the Mesh Insert to the outside and stakeout for best bug protection and stability.
Separate 6” large diameter pole segment included for emergency field repair. Slide repair pole over the break to act as a splint.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR TENT SET UP
• Our tents are easy to set up but we suggest you practice once at home before
using them for the first time to avoid late night bickering with tent mates while
fumbling around in the dark.
• Before pitching tent, clear campsite of debris that may pierce tent floor.
• We recommend staking out all corners, vestibules and guylines to increase space
and keep your tent from becoming a tumbleweed.
• Hang onto your stuff sacks or they’ll blow away and create backcountry litter.
• Pull on the pole sleeve fabric when inserting poles to avoid any bunching in the
• Push rather than pull poles through pole sleeves.
Thanks for choosing a Big Agnes tent!
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or comments.